Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Do It. Quirky Christmas trees.


One year for Christmas, my family decorated the cannon we had in the living room of my parents house (My uncle made the cannon; it actually works) instead of actually having a Christmas tree. I didn't want to cut down a tree, and we hadn't yet discovered potted Christmas trees or tree rental.

We tied red ribbons around the metal parts and put everyone's presents under it. We called it "The Christmas Cannon." It was actually pretty cute and festive.

Here are some zany alternatives other people have had to the traditional Christmas tree.

To the right is a sushi Christmas tree.










.... those are beer bottles. As much a fan of beer as I am, I don't think that says "Christmas," but hey, everyone has different types of holidays.

























Happy Christmas!

-- Lauren Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment