Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Eat In. The perfect cup of coffee.

A cup of coffee can mean the difference between a warm morning and a dreary one for many people. There are so many different styles of coffee and ways to make a good cup, but what I've noticed works best for me is to heat the milk first in a sauce pan, then add it to your cup before adding the coffee. Not only does the coffee stay warm longer, but I feel like you can control the color of the coffee better, the cream to coffee ratio, but maybe that's just me.

On a recent trip to Florida, I discovered an excellent expresso-style Cuban coffee called Cafe Bustelo, which is quite tasty and amazingly inexpensive. A six-ounce brick costs just under $3 and not much is needed for a good, strong cup.

-- Lauren Williams

Photo credit: Picture courtesy of ehow.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment