Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Eat Out. Barcade [Thirsty Thursdays].


I love bars that offer me more than a drink and a DJ. I get bored and then my grandma instincts kick-in and I'm out the door. I shudder thinking about the lines outside of all those Hollywood establishments that offer nothing but standing-room only on a Saturday night. And all that time spent dressing up. For that! I prefer leggings, Netflix, and a pizza. I'm just that kind of girl.

This is why I like places like Miss T's Barcade. No hard liquor, dingy dive bar vibe, and genuine 80s arcade games. The nerd in me appreciates the lax atmosphere, sipping a red bull at a table that houses a Ms. Pacman game. And the hipster in me likes that it’s just a teeny bit exclusive. There isn’t a sign out front announcing Barcade to the world. The K-town establishment is only identifiable by the neon Pacman ghost glowing faintly in the window. I guess it’s not really that much of a secret, there is a thing called Yelp, but it still impresses out-of-towners.

So forget your laundry and save all those quarters for DK at Miss T's Barcade this Thursday night.

Miss T's Barcade is located at 371 N. Western Ave.

-- Heather Robertson

Photo Credit: pacman-plus.com

1 comment: