Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Check It. I'm Here.

Spike Jonze as a filmmaker, artist, Jackass, man, whathaveyou is often a subject of contention; is this guy for real? Is he a genius or a lucky break? Funny or trying too hard? This trailer and subsequent short film seems like it can only further push you in either direction. (I, for one, have been swooning over Jonze for years.)

Bear with me here. What I'm about to show you is pretty weird. The only words I could utter after seeing this the first time (I actually watched it immediately twice in a row) was, 'I'm speechless.' But then I paused, took a deep breath, and smiled. This--whatever it is--is awesome. Don't forget your sense of humor (and try your best to ignore that Absolut Vodka thing).



Yeah, I know. And yes, it's real.

I'm Here premiered at the Sundance Film Festival earlier this week, and will be released in March.

-- Chau Tu

*props to the sprawlster for the tip. Feel free to send your own tips/links/love letters to thebeatofyounglosangeles@gmail.com or in the comments section.

Photo credit: I'm Here

No comments:

Post a Comment