Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Check It. Bettie Page Clothing Hollywood.

As dirty as parts of Hollywood Blvd. are, there are some treasures along it--Musso & Frank's, the Egyptian Theatre ... and Bettie Page Clothing, which opened last summer.

When I read this Los Angeles Times Image blog by Monica Corcoran (who is now writing a "Mad Men" fashion book with the show's costume designer, Janie Bryant) in December 2008, an appreciation of the late bombshell's style, I knew I had to visit the store (then, only in Las Vegas, where I just happened to be going later that month.) It was very cool, but at the time I wasn't in the market for a new dress.

With Valentine's Day approaching, I thought I'd point out this potentially hidden treasure to anyone searching for a girly getup. They also carry a variety of accessories, including Tres Noir sunglasses, which come in several pretty shades of red. Holly Madison and Leighton Meester are fans.

Bettie Page Clothing is located at 6650 Hollywood Blvd. in Hollywood.

-- Leslie Anne Wiggins

Photo credit: www.theage.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment