Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Do It. BevMo!'s five cent wine sale.

As a young person still learning about wine, I usually opt for Merlot, most of which I like. This weekend I gained a new appreciation for Pinot Noir while at a friend's house for the Pacquiao-Clottey fight (what I assumed would be a purely pizza and beer kind of night). Two bottles of 2007 Monterey Pinot Noir appeared, and I had a glass of Pessagno. It had a sweetness to it, "impressive for the way the cherry fruit explodes in the mouth", according to Wine Enthusiast via BevMo!, that I wasn't expecting from a Pinot Noir.

On Sunday I went to BevMo! to find a bottle, and the five cent wine sale was going on. While the Pessagno wasn't part of it, Irony (the other bottle present at the party) was. One bottle for $15.99, and the second for $0.05, averaging to be quite a deal for two good bottles. I tried it later that evening, and it was just as delicious, fruit-filled and smooth as the Pessagno.

Check out the sale before it ends.

BevMo! is located at 7100 Santa Monica Blvd. in West Hollywood.

-- Leslie Anne Wiggins

Photo credit: www.bevmo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment