Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Eat Out. Dim Sum Truck.

Admittedly, I'm not that picky when it comes down to food, but if I had to pick one meal I'd be down to eat at all times despite its wholly unhealthiness, it'd be dim sum. The small bites, Asian version of tapas is the go-to cuisine for my family whenever there's a special occasion, and I absolutely love it in all its greasy and often-fried glory.

So upon hearing about dim sum hitting the food truck craze, I was pretty excited. I tried to keep my expectations low, to much failure, but I needn't have worried--the Dim Sum truck, for lack of better word, delivered.

Dim sum was pretty much made for the food truck; small, simple portions that are filling but quick to eat. The BBQ pork buns--a personal dim sum fave--had great flavor. The buns were the perfect soft consistency, and though the pork was quite fatty, that's how dim sum should be (but be wary if you're not into that, I guess). The truck had run out of the sesame balls the first time I visited, but I was able to get them next time. They were pretty big (the order had two) and were crunchy with not-too-sweet red bean paste inside. The pork and shu mai dumplings were pretty spot on too, with a lot of texture and flavor to them.

At $2-4 for each dish, the truck is super affordable and perfect for a lunch run. It's also sure to satisfy dim sum fans and newbies alike, so start lining up already!

-- Chau Tu

Photo credit: BBQ pork buns, theBEAT

No comments:

Post a Comment