Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Check It. Las Vegas update.

Vegas update: fight night was awesome (see above). With some last minute luck, a desperate scalper, and a generous boyfriend, I ended up at the actual fight at MGM's Grand Garden Arena. It was so much fun. Muhammad Ali and Sugar Ray Leonard were there, as well as celebrities like Will Smith, Mark Wahlberg, Leonardo DiCaprio, and the Hilton sisters. Mayweather was the favorite, and he did end up winning, but Mosley was amazing in round two, and the crowd went wild. It was an experience I'll never forget.

The ARIA - pretty much all-round awesomeness. It started out great, by firstly looking so sleek and beautiful compared to some of the other gaudy landmarks of the strip that make Vegas, well, Vegas. They have convenient (free!) self-parking, which is right next to the hotel lobby. There's also valet and a taxi/limo, etc. area in front if you must. One crazy thing about the ARIA is, apparently they have no check-in time. I could have sworn I read "3:00 p.m." on their website, but I did check out several hotels online at the same time, so I could be mistaken. Beware when making reservations for a busy weekend, especially if you have evening plans that require you to be in your room by the early afternoon. The rooms are really nice, with dark walls and high-tech electronics. There's a bedside button that says "Goodnight", and it turns off everything in the room. I think I need one of those for my apartment. The bed was also wonderfully comfortable.

Margaritaville no longer serves peach margaritas. I'm hoping this will change come August.

The Jean-Philippe Patisserie in the ARIA is beautiful, and they make great crepes and espresso drinks.

-- Leslie Anne Wiggins

No comments:

Post a Comment