Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Check It. Setlist.fm

As big of a music fan as I am, I am embarrassingly awful at remembering song titles, even as it's being played and I can sing along every word. So try and ask me if a certain band played a certain song at a live show I attended—I sadly probably won't be able to tell you.

But alas, I have found a way to cheat. Setlist.fm, otherwise known as The Setlist Wiki, is the most comprehensive accumulation of setlists I have ever encountered. I came upon the site after I tried, with my expectations low, to search for a setlist from a Modest Mouse show I went to a couple years ago. I was amazed to find that not only did Setlist.fm have the exact setlist I was looking for, but the records of setlists for Modest Mouse goes all the way to freaking 1995. 1995! How crazy is that?

And on top of that, you can also click a little play arrow button next to most any song title in a setlist, and down in the bottom right corner will pop up not only a Youtube video that corresponds to that song (whether it be an official music video or just the audio playing over images), but the lyrics too.

Music fans, you have found your ultimate resource. And now I can't ever have the excuse of forgetting a song again.

-- Chau Tu

Photo credit: webwombat.com; a Strokes setlist

No comments:

Post a Comment