Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Eat In. A Mother's Day cocktail [Thirsty Thursdays!].

It's always difficult getting a gift for my mom for her birthday or Mother's Day--she never tells me what she needs or wants, and being the frugal mom that she is, she doesn't like using fancier items that I might throw at her from time to time.

So usually I resort to dinners and breakfasts and other non-material gifts of that sort. But what I really wish I could do is make my mom a drink. She doesn't drink, but it'd be a great idea, no? Especially with this recipe that Maker's Mark has so conveniently put together for us here...

Mother’s Little Helper (Makes one pitcher)
1 cup of Maker's Mark
1/2 cup of peach schnapps
1 peach, sliced
1 & 1/2 quarts of iced tea, prepared.

Mix the Maker's Mark, peach schnapps and sliced peaches in large pitcher (at least 2 quarts). Let mixture sit for at least 15 minutes to meld flavors. Garnish with peaches and enjoy!

Nothing brings the family together quite like spiked iced tea, right? Happy Mother's Day!

-- Chau Tu

No comments:

Post a Comment