Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Check It. Dawn Cuts Grease.

Dawn dish soap is known for its grease-cutting effectiveness on pots, pans, and dishes. A recent discovery of mine is how well it works on getting a grease spot out of clothes. Up until just recently, if a shirt or pants of mine got a grease spot on it, I figured there was no way to fix it, and the item was just ruined for good.

My new favorite pants couldn't have this sad fate, even when I noticed a dime-sized grease spot on the front of the thigh area. I did some internet research on if grease spots can come out, and found the Dawn solution. I got a bottle (I actually use Mrs. Meyers Clean Day Lemon Verbena for dishes), squirted a dollop on, brushed it in gently with a new soft-bristled toothbrush, and let it set. Then squirted a little more on. The pants set for about twenty minutes, then I threw them in the wash with a load of laundry, and they came out greaseless.

I think the more times you have washed a garment post-stain, the less likely this is to work, but it is most definitely worth a try.

If you ride a bicycle, Dawn is also known to be a good bike wash (again, the grease-cutting goodness).

-- Leslie Anne Wiggins

Photo credit: bloombikeshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment