Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Eat Out. Greenblatt's.

I love a restaurant that's reliable for being open late. I also love a good matzo ball soup. Therefore, I suppose I love Greenblatt's. The West Hollywood Deli-Restaurant & Fine Wine Shop is open till 2:00 a.m. seven days a week, 365 days a year!

The matzo ball soup here is definitely my favorite in L.A. I don't have a Jewish grandmother's cooking to compare it to, but if I did, I'm pretty sure I would still prefer Greenblatt's. The matzo has a really nice density (not too fluffy), and the broth is filled with vegetables, making it much heartier, tastier, and generally better than a plain broth with just the matzo in it. It somehow seems more natural than Jerry's (my former favorite), and the chicken is always good - not weird bits.

Greenblatt's has easy take-away as well as pleasant eat-in. They also make great deli sandwiches, and serve Dr. Brown's sodas.

-- Leslie Anne Wiggins

Photo credit: greenblattsdeli.com

No comments:

Post a Comment