Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Check It. Laura Mercier Lip Glace.

I haven't been buying a ton of lip products lately, because I think I already have more than I could get through in a lifetime! I did however sign up for Birchbox, a monthly service that sends large samples of new products in a nice little giftbox through the mail. It's $10, and in the October (my first) a small Laura Mercier "Lip Glace" lip gloss arrived. It's my new favorite!

Long ago I had a Laura Mercier lipstick that had a bad taste, and I've pretty much avoided the line since (except for their great crème brûlée bath and body line). Something's changed since then, because this stuff tastes like cake batter! It's great. The color (Opal) is a modest pale shimmery pink (much less orangey than the photo above) and seems like it would be universally flattering. The gloss comes in 24 colors--including Bare Beige, Pink Tulle, and Brownberry--if Opal isn't for you.

Laura Mercier is available at Nordstrom and Sephora. A 0.12-ounce tube of Lip Glace is $22.

-- Leslie Anne Wiggins

Photo credit: lauramercier.com


No comments:

Post a Comment