Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Check It. Favorite hand creams.

My hands always suffer from dry winter weather. My mom wisely always keeps a tube of Herbacín Kamille + Glycerine hand cream in her purse--and apparently so does Gretchen Mol.

For drugstore buys, I like Curél (which I recently couldn't find at the West Hollywood Rite Aid) and Aveeno. After unsuccessfully searching the drugstore shelves for some Curél early one morning, I ended up getting some supposedly fragrance free Eucerin (a really respectable line) hand cream. While it does moisturize well, it smells like sweat! Gross. So avoid that one.

My current favorite is the somewhat luxurious Jurlique hand cream. I have the Lavender one (which I thought would be good for bedtime applications, but I've actually been using it at my desk throughout the day. It smells so good.) but other scents they offer are Citrus, Jasmine, and Rose (I'd try Jasmine next).

Other favorites: Laura Mercier's Crème Brûlée Hand Crème smells delicious, and Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve is super thick and comforting, if you're looking for something more industrial strength.

-- Leslie Anne Wiggins

Photo credit: jurlique.com

No comments:

Post a Comment