Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Eat In. Couscous salad.

This messy-looking medley is a delicious mix of cold couscous with chopped mixed veggies. I discovered this dish when a friend was coming over one day for lunch. He was bringing the couscous, I had a variety of veggies. Now this is a staple in my kitchen for lunches.

Couscous has some amazing properties, high in protein, fiber, and some iron, so I try to add it to my diet as much as possible.

Some vegetables that go well in this dish are chopped tomatoes, green onions, red bell pepper, and avocado and cucumber make this very refreshing and light.

The avocado makes this dish a bit more satisfying, and it's an easy dish to make as a single serving. Just pour out a bit of couscous into a bowl (I think small grain not Israeli couscous works best for this dish) and add hot water. Then when it cools a bit add chopped vegetables. It's a very easy dish to make.

Season as you would any salad with any of the following: lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.

-- Lauren Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment