Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Eat In. Eggplant lasagna.

Pretty recently, I've grown to hate pasta. I think just having it too much at work and home, I'm always looking for an alternative to adding pasta, rice, or bread to anything.

So this recipe, given to me by a good friend, was perfect. Using thin slices of eggplant instead of sheets of lasagna noodles. Just layer tomato sauce, eggplant slices, and cheese. I made the tomato sauce from zucchini, onions, tomatoes, and crushed walnuts to give it a hearty texture and it was excellent, although I think the eggplant would be better if first rubbed with a little bit of olive oil and salt.

The results tasted a bit like ratatouille, lasagna, and casserole and is a healthier alternative to traditional lasagna.

For a more wintery, thicker lasagna, check out what the lasagna concoction I posted about last June, during our winter.

-- Lauren Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment