Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Advance Notice. Autobiography of Mark Twain Celebration at the Hammer.

Last fall, 100 years after Mark Twain's death, the first of three volumes of his complete and unexpurgated autobiography was released, and immediately became a smash hit.

So many great books came out last year, and I haven't had a chance to read all the ones I'm interested in (I'm way behind the crowd, and still on Freedom). My boyfriend is currently powering through Keith Richards' autobiography, and I'm hoping he'll read Twain's after that so I can grab it when he's done.

Next Tuesday, UCLA's Hammer museum is having a celebration of the book with Twain scholars and even a band--The Americans--performing renditions of classic American rockabilly and folk blues. Awesome.

February 8 at 7:00 p.m. Free. Info: hammer.ucla.edu, (310) 443-7000

The Hammer is located at 10899 Wilshire Boulevard in Westwood.

-- Leslie Anne Wiggins

Photo credit: hammer.ucla.edu




No comments:

Post a Comment