Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Check It. Chocolate Easter eggs.

One of the best Easters of my childhood was one spent in London. Every friend and family member that came 'round brought me a chocolate Easter egg. I must have ended up with at least ten, of all different kinds! This year, I'll be about a month away from my twenty-sixth birthday on Easter, but am still looking forward to my kiddie-style Milkybar white chocolate egg.

There is definitely something different about chocolate from the U.K. It's sort of more full-tasting and creamier. Try some this Sunday.

Imported chocolate Easter eggs are available at three shops I know of in Santa Monica: The Continental Shop, Ye Olde King's Head Gift Shoppe (on the corner of 2nd and Santa Monica next to the pub) and the Tudor House Gift Shop (next to the tea room, on 2nd Street between Santa Monica and Broadway). They range in price from about $5 to $15 dollars each.

Happy hunting!

-- Leslie Anne Wiggins

Photo credit: the BEAT


No comments:

Post a Comment