Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Drink It. Ritual Roasters coffee.

After being for the most part a drip coffee drinker throughout all my coffee-drinking years (twelve and counting), this summer I've gotten into using a French press. And my most recent bag of beans from San Francisco's Ritual Roasters couldn't be tastier.

The flavor description words bourbon, vanilla, and chocolate made my choice of the Monte Rey Pradera from El Salvador an easy one, and there's also the all-important "Roasted On" date stamp. Even though I bought my coffee north of the border, at Montreal's fantastic Cafe Myriade, the coffee had been roasted just days before my purchase.

I enjoy a steamy Grande cup of Starbucks' Pike Place roast as much as the next girl (ok, maybe a little more), but at a time when there's so much exploring to be done in the world of coffee (different brewing methods, beans, roasting styles), why not?

Info: ritualroasters.com, bodum.com for French presses

-- Leslie Anne Wiggins

Photo credit: the BEAT

No comments:

Post a Comment