Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Eat In. Easy egg salad.

Homemade egg salad makes for a great simple lunch or snack. I made a batch using six eggs last Friday, and it turned out really well, with Hellmann's mayonnaise, French's classic yellow mustard (I considered buying Dijon but decided to just go with what I had), and a handful of green olives.

After hard-boiling the eggs, I cooled them in a big bowl of cold water, then peeled and chopped them, tossing a few yolks away in the process. I also included some chopped pimento-stuffed green olives from the supermarket's olive bar.

In a large bowl, I put a good few tablespoons of mayonnaise, and a generous squirt of mustard, then mixed in the chopped eggs and olives, stirred it all up, and it came together really well.

Served on toast, with juicy tomato slices on top, and plenty of salt and pepper, it made a great late lunch, with a mug of PG Tips tea. And there was plenty leftover for Saturday.

-- Leslie Anne Wiggins

Photo credit: the BEAT

No comments:

Post a Comment