Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Eat Out. Paradis.

I think I've found my new favorite ice cream spot. And considering the vast variety of ice cream and frozen yogurt and gelato places that L.A. has to offer, I know it's pretty bold just to pick on favorite. But Paradis has completely won me over.

Paradis is a popular chain of shops in Denmark, offering homemade and freshly made ice cream. It only opened its first store in the United States (in Montrose) about two years ago, and earlier this year, it opened its second location, in Los Feliz Village (replacing a former Pinkberry). And it's prime to keep on expanding (in case you too get addicted).

The shop offers about 20 flavors at a time, with the usual chocolate and strawberry as well as coffee chocolate chip and Ferrero Rocher (which just happens to be my combination pictured above). And if you're in the mood to go all the way, opt in for chocolate marshmallow to put on top -- it looks devilishly delectable. Either way, though, the ice cream you'll enjoy will be incredibly smooth and creamy, and the flavors amazingly on point without being too sweet. It'll be difficult to go back to any other ice cream after Paradis, trust me.

Paradis is located at 1726 N. Vermont Ave. in Los Feliz.

-- Chau Tu

Photo credit: the BEAT

No comments:

Post a Comment